Saturday, March 6, 2010

Blogger Drop Out?

Ok, so I'm not fishing for compliments or looking for any pats on the back, but basically I'm trying to decide whether or not to continue with my blogging. I do enjoy it, but it does take quite a bit of time and effort. I've been kind of discouraged lately and I'm exactly sure why. I think I am just frustrated with the people out there that have some stupid idea in their head that what I'm doing is stealing. Sorry - I do have my panties in a knot about this! Am I stealing? No! When I use a coupon at the store, the store gets reimbursed the value of the coupon PLUS an $0.08 handling fee, which obviously it doesn't cost $0.08 each for them to mail it in, so they make money! If Target wants to have gift card promos to get me to shop at their store or Walgreens wants to offer reward bucks, that's their choice! I'm not stealing and I honestly don't understand how anyone could "have a problem" with what I'm doing. I don't get the items for cheap and return them to turn a profit! I don't get the items for cheap and sell them out of my own little convenience store. All I'm doing is stretching my family's money as far as I can so we don't have to live on welfare - which I could understand someone viewing as stealing! If you're jealous - jump on board, but don't criticize me for saving my family money! Ok, stepping off the soap box now - anyways, am I going to keep couponing and getting the deals like I have been - of course! Basically I'm just trying to decide whether or not to keep documenting it on a blog, my spreadsheet works just fine for me now, but if my blog perhaps helps anyone out there with saving money, I'll be happy to continue to do so.

5 comments:

  1. Keep it up! I just got my Jennie-O coupons (although it turns out our Walmart doesn't sell Jennie-O products...their turkey sausage is called "Taco Nuevo" and no I'm not joking--I took a picture of the label).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel,

    I enjoy your blog! You are CRAZY-GOOD with coupons! Really. I'm totally jealous of the deals you get and the money you're able to save. It really is SO great you've been able to save so much. When I've read some of your posts, I just think about how long it must take you! If it's not fun for you and you don't look forward to doing it, then I say don't. You don't owe anyone anything. To anyone who can't handle couponing- Good luck having fun with the extra money you don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't stop!! I love reading your posts!! It inspires me to keep clipping my coupons!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't let stupid people get you down. You are doing the best you can for your family and if they don't want to support you, then don't listen to them! They're just jealous, anyway. ;) These stores wouldn't accept coupons and such if you were really stealing. Seriously. I don't think you should be a drop out- you're my inspiration. ::cue the song in my head:: MUAH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im sorry people were giving you garbage! I have a blog and started getting bad comments..so basically I do everything on facebook now!

    ReplyDelete