Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Whole Foods FREE groceries/Recycle Bank!


So one of my new favorite hobbies, is walking out of a grocery store paying $0! No, I'm not stealing, I just LOVE finding the deals where everything I pick up ends up being free. Saturday, I went to Whole Foods for the first time. I nearly fell over when I saw the prices in there. $6.99 for Stacy's Pita Chips - that you can get at Target for $3 regularly priced, no sale. I'm way to frugal to even step foot in that place! But, I needed to find a place that had the Happy Baby Food that I got FREE coupons for. They had one kind at Target, but when I researched more, the other varieties were only sold at Whole Foods. Anyways, that's besides the point. And the point of this post is not to show off what I got for free that you won't be able to get (since I had to order the coupons on a website), but rather to tell you about the awesome website where I got the coupons from. (By the way, the baby food was $4.99 each at Whole Foods - so I ended up getting 48oz of baby food, or $20 worth for FREE!!! - I have calculated out and making your own baby food is cheaper by at least 1/2, but if I can get it for free, and organic at that?!? I go for it!).

Ok, so the website is RecycleBank. Click here to check it out. If you live in one of the cities RecycleBank is offered, you can earn points for your every day recycling. Unfortunately, I don't live in one of those cities, but there are other ways you can earn points. Just for signing up get 40 points. Then, if you sign up for the eBay Green Team (they just send you 1 e-mail), you earn 50 points, so for those 2 things you get 90 points. Once you sign up you can look around at some of the rewards. For 50 points you can get a coupon for a FREE box of Kashi cereal. Or for 50 points you can get a coupon for $1 off any Coca Cola product (makes 2-liters FREE at Walmart). So, if you want some free items for 3-minutes of your time, I definitely recommend it! You can look around at other ways to earn points - they have a partnership with kashless.org where you can earn more points. If you have time - you might want to check it out because they have some awesome rewards if you have more points (the $5 off any Huggies coupon - for 150 points is my favorite!).

No comments:

Post a Comment