Thursday, February 18, 2010

Week 7 - Kroger


Ok, so I totally blew my budget this week, but it happens (like how I'm having to explain myself to myself?). Anyways, today I was a shopping machine! I made it to 4 stores in a span of about 3 hours (1hr of which was spent at Randalls, and I'm not sure how). My first stop was at Kroger. They have these knock-off fritos called Cornitos that taste amazing and are WAY cheaper. Even with the Daytona sale (buy 10 items, get $3 off) going on at Kroger right now, the Fritos were $1.69. The Cornitos were $1.31 so they won.



*Reminder my Kroger will triple 3 like coupons up to $0.39 and double 3 like coupons up to $0.50.


Breakdown:

4 Hunts pasta sauce * - $1.39 ea.

-$0.50/2 printable (used 2 of these) = $0.89 ea.

Softsoap - $0.88

-$0.50/1 coupon from All You Magazine = FREE

Kroger spaghetti sauce (knock off Prego) - $1.11

Gala apples - 4/$1 = $1

2 Cornitos chips - $1.31 each = $2.62

Cornstarch - $0.99


total: $8.48

(not really sure why, but for some reason my receipt says I get a 10% senior discount for all Kroger brand items, I've never signed up for this and never told them my age, so I'm not sure what's going on here).


saved: $4.50 or 35%


*I LOVE the Bertolli or Classico spaghetti sauces, but they are just too stinkin expensive. I've discovered that you can make spaghetti sauce that tastes very similar by using 2 cans of Hunt's Pasta Sauce, adding a palm-full of italian seasoning, and 1 can of diced tomatoes - and it comes out tasting almost exactly the same and ends up being WAY cheaper. You can print off coupons for $0.50/2 Hunt's pasta sauces - click on printable coupons, it's the save-a-lot website, but they are manufacturer coupons (doubles to $1 off 2 at Randalls or Kroger), and Kroger often has these on sale for $1/can. - Unfortunately this wasn't one of those weeks, grr.

No comments:

Post a Comment