Friday, January 29, 2010

Something new...

Ok, so I'm going to try something new. May only happen this week, we'll see how it goes. I'm going to have to time myself to see how much time this takes to kind of judge whether or not I'll be able to try to do this each week. Anyways, I'm going to try to start listing the deals I get along with my pictures from my shopping trips. I know that up until now it has basically been a show and tell of my savings, but this way maybe someone out there will be able to snag these deals too.

So, some things to know:

Walgreens lingo:
RR = register rewards - you earn these when you buy certain items. They basically can be used like cash on your next purchase, however you will not get change back from these. Also, Walgreens is kind of hard to understand at first. Honestly, iheartwags.com has the best explanation of how walgreens works. Just click on the tab for Wags for Newbies and it should explain everything.

Randalls & Kroger:
loadables - seriously the best way to shop & save money. There are a few different sites where you can load coupons onto your Randalls or Kroger card to save money. Best part is, you can use a loadable coupon WITH a coupon that you have from the newspaper or pr.inted off the computer. Ok, so I could explain all about the loadable coupons, but in effort to save time and avoid talking myself in circles - just go here to learn all about loadable coupons. Katy Couponers is a blog that I follow religiously because it is right in my area so she has deals that I know I can get also. On her blog, just look at the right hand side for the link on Loadable Coupons: How they Work and you will learn all you need to know. I will probably follow a similar format to her for how she explains her deals - so if you see cellfire or shortcuts you will know what I'm talking about.

In general:
IP - internet printable coupon - it is truly amazing how many coupons there are on the internet. I search for a coupon for EVERYTHING before I go shopping because you never know what you will find. A few of my favorite sites are: http://coupons.com/, http://smartsource.com/, and http://redplum.com/. I check those sites once a week to see what the newest coupons are that they have available. If you want the coupon - just print it off and you're good to go. Sometimes, if I am looking for something more specifically, I will either google search for a coupon for the item, or look at http://printablecoupondatabase.com/.

insert - this means that the coupon was in the Sunday paper. The way that I organize my coupons is in a binder with baseball card holders, SO I won't be able to list exactly what date and section the coupon came from. There are some people that organize their coupons by not clipping and just leaving them all together like they come in the paper, but the baseball cards works best for me.

Ok, I think I'm ready to list my deals for the week. Let's see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment